Smart Lighting is an efficient way of using the lighting fixtures for a wide range of purposes such as energy saving, data harvesting, and much more.
A Smart-City is a citizen-friendly and economically viable urban land focused on improving the quality of life of people by emphasizing on local area development and harness technology for smart outcomes. Smart-city uses a range of approaches such as digital information technologies, urban planning best practices, public-private partnerships, and policy changes for the betterment of the people.
It is predicted that 40% of the population will be living in cities by 2030. Cities are the driving force and engine of economic growth for the nation. Hence it is important to build a smart city which functions smart and adds to the quality of lives. Smart City is a platform to drive progressive change.
Smart Grid is one of the top priorities of a smart city. Have you faced problems such as shortage of power, power theft, inefficient power consumption and similar? Smart-Grid is providing you the solution for all these problems.
A Smart solution for solving the power related issues is Smart Lighting. Lighting your Homes and Streets smartly. Smart Lighting is closely related to lighting fixtures with intelligence and sensors.
The data accumulated by these lighting fixtures can be used for various purposes. Smart Lighting is very critical in areas such as Energy Saving, Space utilization, and tracking.
Smart Lighting involves a wireless network of connected lights. All the smart lights are controlled and monitored using IoT.
When we talk about setting-up a smart-city, creating a smart street-lighting infrastructure plays a vital role.
What is Smart Street-Lighting?
Smart Street-Lighting is also known as intelligent lighting for the streets of the city. Smart Street-Lights operates with the set of sensors that transmit data. These lights can be controlled and monitored from a centralized location.
Smart Street-Lights add huge value to the ecosystem and smartness of the city. Smart streetlights can serve as a data hub for planning infrastructure development, solving issues faced, and simplifying the life of people.
How does the smart streetlight contribute to a smart city?
- Smart Street Lights can ON / OFF the lighting automatically. That is with the help of sensors, the lights will turn ON when there is insufficient lighting and will turn OFF when sufficient light is available
- These Lights can also turn ON only when it detects movement. That is when the lights sense movement of a foot or movement of a cycle, and similar.
- Offers significant ecology value by reducing the emission of carbon dioxide.
Saves Maintenance Cost
- Helps in easy detection of a lighting failure. Malfunctions can be fixed quickly.
- Connected networks help heal the problem at once.
Expendable Infrastructure and Scalability
- Smart lighting control system automatically incorporates new network nodes.
- Facilitates inclusion of various features such as temperature and Pollution control, Fire Detections, Security features, and similar.
- All the new facilities included can be easily supported.
- Improved visibility and accurate modulation, creates a safer environment for both pedestrians and vehicles.
Remote Monitoring and Management
- Offers operators visibility into street light operations by enabling remote real-time control and monitoring to check any situation remotely rather than sending crews onsite for finding the fault
Smart Street-Lighting is a cost effective, practical and ecofriendly way to create a smart living environment. The huge data collected from the street-lights can be used for solving variety of issues of the city, to name a few issues such as traffic jams, safety for women and children, navigation maps, pollution control and many more.
Turnpoint Technologies Pvt. Ltd. provides innovative lighting solution using SMART technologies in the field of LED lightings.We deliver a broad range of innovative and reliable indoor and outdoor lighting luminaries and control solutions specifically designed to maximize performance, energy efficiency and cost saving. Know more